Senior Audio Visual Engineer – OTE £45,000.00
We are seeking a Senior Audio-Visual Engineer to join our team and grow with us.
You will need a flexible skillset and be able to assist with design and consultancy as well as all 1st and 2nd fix, commissioning and user training works on projects of all sizes, from small meeting rooms to multi-site solutions.
We are looking for somebody local to the south east, ideally able to get to our Beckenham office easily.
Most clients are corporate, and London based although we do have small number of residential as well as clients across England so there will also be a need to do some travelling occasionally.
- Crestron, including UC Engine based systems, Air Media, General control
- Teams and Zoom systems
- Extron Switchers and DSP’s
- QSC DSP’s
- Other Video Conferencing Systems
- Other Audio DSP’s
- Videowall Technologies
- Audio Systems
- Networking skills, good understanding of IP, DNS, VLANs, IGMP etc
This role involves a deep technical understanding of how different AV systems are used, including networking. This is not a role for a junior or somebody with a lack of real-world experience in Audio Visual.
- Assisting with designing AV systems to meet client briefs, selecting the most appropriate technology available.
- Installing and commissioning all aspects of the project – 1st fix, 2nd fix, commissioning, and user training. Ability to program (Crestron/QSC) is desirable too.
- Some rack building
- Pre configuration works
- Post install maintenance and service, remotely and on site
- Liaising with clients
- Helping to make the AV department more efficient, quoting, project management and site management
- Supervising other engineers
- Some drafting AV system schematics, cable schedules, floorplan mark-ups, and other project documentation.
- Working closely with Project Managers so that they can effectively plan for installation works.
- Assisting with technical support issues.
Your role will also include
- General Administrative duties to assist with the smooth running of the team, such as: assistance with logistics and purchasing; technical researching for projects; documenting important technical information and maintaining a shared knowledgebase.
- Work ‘on-site’ (during site surveys / support visits / System commissioning / troubleshooting etc.)
- Attending training courses and trade exhibitions
The right candidate will be:
- Within commuter distance of South East London.
- Deeply interested in the world of audio-visual systems, technologies and equipment.
- Is happy and comfortable working alone, as well as working closely with others.
The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in an AV system integration role.
- Good underpinning knowledge of Software, Applications and Audio-Visual Systems.
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude. This includes a willingness to work overtime and unsociable hours, however, if possible, these shifts will be planned in advance.
- Full UK working rights.
- Including a minimum of 5 years Address and Employment history.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Site qualifications: ECS/CSCS, PASMA useful, SSSTS useful
- Range of manufacturer certifications (e.g. Crestron Certified, QSC L1/L2, Dante, Shure MXA etc)
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org