Permanent 1st Line IT Support Technician:
This is an office and on-site based role, perfect for someone who has, for example, recently completed an IT apprenticeship or has similar experience in IT.
As a 1st Line Support Technician you will be working in a very customer-focused environment providing desktop support. In this 1st Line Support Technician role, you will be the main point of contact for any initial IT enquiries, logging all issues, triaging customer-submitted tickets and helping colleagues/customers over the telephone, via remote sessions and face-to-face.
- Responding to incoming tickets, calls, emails and enquiries
- Ensuring all enquiries / issues are logged accurately on the ticketing system regardless of source
- Working on tickets either directly or through managed escalation
- Following agreed process documentation, knowledgebase articles and solutions where available
- Managing assigned tickets to a service level agreement (SLA)
- Maintaining communication, ensuring users are kept informed throughout the resolution process
- Fully documenting all activity within the ticketing system
- Continuously contributing towards service guides and knowledgebase articles, including creating new articles from scratch
- Learning and understanding products and solutions in depth
Required skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in technology and IT
- Excellent spoken and written English
- An excellent telephone manner
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work through problems methodically
You must have experience working with the following technologies:
- Remote support tools and technologies
- Windows (all versions)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory
- Routers, firewalls, switches, and communications (VLANs, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Cloud technologies such as Azure would be a bonus
- As well as the basics of cyber security and other good IT industry practice
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to progress and further develop their IT career to a 2nd line role and beyond within the company. We can offer you time to study for any relevant certifications or exams.
We can also provide opportunities to work with our other departments on larger projects, including telecoms, audio visual and security systems.
This is a 100% office and on-site role, 5 days per week, so you must be able to travel to, and work in, Beckenham and across London and be comfortable working on site face-to-face with clients.
How to Apply:
To apply for any of our advertised positions, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV. Our HR team will review your application and get in touch with you if your qualifications match our requirements.